Updated: Nov 28, 2020
Welcome to the first lesson prepared for The Peace League website’s membership. We chose to begin the journey toward educating ourselves with thoughtful insights on truth. We also posted our first blog, the subject of which was concerned with losing one's wits. Both topics seem inexorably joined in the particular contemporary space-time continuum we find our world in for the moment. The learning objective is for the reader to discover in the material presented relevant comparisons to current events. Draw your conclusions keeping in mind that genuine peace is generally a product of trust and respect for one another.
- The Fine Art of Baloney Detection, Carl Sagan
- Disinformation and Reflexive Control: The New Cold War, Georgetown Security Studies Review, Annie Kowalewski
- Logical Fallacies Handlist: Arguments to Avoid When Writing, © Dr. L. Kip Wheeler
- Artful Paltering: The Risks and Rewards of Using Truthful Statements to Mislead Others, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology: Interpersonal Relations and Group Processes, Todd Rogers, et. al.
- Six Principles Of Propaganda Lenin Used To Consolidate Power, Monica Showalter, Investor’s Business Daily